The Garfield Bowling Club was officially opened in 1958 but much work had taken place before that date. As the Honour Board in the club house shows there are Presidents and Secretaries listed for the two preceding years and there must have been an intense membership drive, because on the day of the Official Opening there were 66 foundation members and 50 foundation associate members.
The first President in 1955/56 was R R Wakenshaw and the Secretary BC Robert. The Secretary carried on until 1958 but CW Pringle was President until the Official Opening. At That stage A W McCae was President and A K Seales took over as Secretary,
The Club's first Champion in 1958 was J A Phillips.